Monday, October 07, 2024

My Home Office Décor Upgrade

I spent the better part of yesterday morning cleaning and making some subtle changes to the room that I use as an office, and which doubles as my TV room.

Although, a subtle change, it was one I'd been thinking about for a while, so I pulled the trigger, placed an order and got her done - I installed brandy new farmhouse style valances to each of the three windows.

I then opened the 3-windows and removed most of the furniture and items from the room.  Wiped down the walls and baseboards, cleaned the windows and vacuumed the carpet. Polished the furniture and wiped down each item as I moved them back into place. Also, swapped some wall hung pictures from another room, which match the room colors and theme better.

Before -

After -

Before -

After -

The valances were needed and make a big difference!  I am very pleased with the outcome.

Note: I need to spot paint the wall hole patches; it's on the list.  Unfortunately, I do not have any more of this color paint available.  I'm not sure if the paint store can match the same color from a photo, as I don't have any other way of bringing a sample in.  We'll see.

No comments: