Monday, October 14, 2024

Tight As A Drum And Toasty!

I continue to make progress and crossing items off of my fall "to do" list!

Another one completed this afternoon and another one that I also loath doing.

It's just a thing I've been doing for years now, as we head into the colder weather.

It really makes a big difference and helps keep the cold air from chilling the living room.



In order to install the plastic kit, it's easier to take the curtains down so they're out of the way.  Since they were down, I tossed them into the washer because why not.

I also removed the window screens and washed the windows inside.

I also have a special wood wax that I smeared on the base and let sit for a couple hours before rubbing the excess off.  It helps to keep the wood from drying up too bad an cracking.


Also, as I usually do I lay a holiday themed blanket down, again to help with the chill.  This year I double it up and laid a thick fleece blanket down first, then covered with the second one so it can't be seen.

The completed project -


The last step in this process is to bring Oliver, the cat, down and show him that the plastic is up and that window sill sitting it prohibited.

No comments: