Tuesday, July 04, 2023

Knock-Knock-Thud

I was washing my dinner dishes this evening and watched this female Northern Flicker fly right at me and slam, with a loud THUD, into the window.  She caromed onto the deck, right in front of the sliding door.

This is how I found her -


She was moving and blinking her eyes but was definitely out of it -


I let her alone for a bit, then eventually propped her up -


Where she stayed, still dazed and breathing heavy with her mouth opened -


Trixie was even concerned and checked in on her too.  The flicker didn't care or seem bothered that Trixie was close. Still too dazed I imagine -


After close to 30 minutes or so of her not moving I went out and gave her a nudge.  That seemed to wake her and off she flew.

What a beautiful bird, the pictures just don't do all the colors and details justice.

All's well that ends well!

No comments: