Sunday, July 23, 2023

Wanted: Amphibian Life Guard

I think we all can agree that Mother Nature is angry, if the crazy weather we've been having here in New England this summer is any indication.

One of the things I've noticed to date has been the lack of toads in my yard and frogs in my pool.  In years past I'd always come across a big toad here and there, even in the pool some mornings, as well as frogs in the pool too.  This year I hadn't seen any until recently.  Same with Honey Bees, I've seen only a handful in my yard to date, despite all the flowers I have blooming.

That being said, with all the rain we've been having recently there have been a slew of baby toads and small frogs in the pool.  Sadly, except for the one dude in the picture, who's taking advantage of the floats I intentionally leave in there for them, all the others have been dead; drowned! Yup, I've skimmed well over a dozen of "croaked" (hehehe) toads and frogs from my pool in the last couple of weeks.



I wish I knew of a way to stop or prevent these little fellas from falling or jumping into the pool.

No comments: