Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Diadophis punctatus

I found this beauty in my pool on Sunday, a Ring-necked snake!

Seems to be a yearly occurrence the last handful of seasons.

Ring-necked snakes are secretive, nocturnal creature and rarely seen during the day.  I imagine they weren't too happy to be spending time swimming in the hot sun and were quick to slither off when I released them.

They're such a cool and docile creature.


I introduced it to Trixie and Oliver.  Trixie could care less after her initial sniffs but Oliver on the other hand was infatuated and couldn't get enough. 


This is another Ring-necked snake that I pulled from the pool on Monday!

Nope, NOT the same snake.  This one was larger and just as beautiful.


Awesome colors, the charcoal black against the orange belly and ring around it's neck! 


Always a pleasure catching one of these critters!

No comments: