Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Game! Set! Match!

I ordered myself a pair of badminton rackets, which also included 2 shuttlecocks, and they arrived yesterday afternoon.

I was SO excited and couldn't wait to head outside to start using and work on my form!


Oh, perhaps you got the wrong idea, I am NOT planning on using these on the badminton field of play, NO!

Let me explain - these rackets are ideal for eliminating, yet another garden pest nemesis of mine, the dreaded Cabbage Moth, see below.  They lay their eggs on my broccoli and kale plants and before you know it they hatch and the worms take little time in their destruction.  Eating the leaves and pooping all over the fruits, YUCK!

There are oodles of them this year too, flittering around my yard, flowers and veggies.

From the untrained eye it might look like I'm having a seizure, as I'm chasing these moths around the yard, swinging wildly and cursing but I like to think of it as cardo and an exercise in hand eye coordination.


Don't be fooled, it's not as easy as you might think.  These moths flutter up, down, sideways and all ways, so timing and aim needs to be precise.

I am happy to report that on my initial use I went 5 for 6 in less than 15 minutes.

Game on!

No comments: