Friday, June 28, 2024

Irresistible!

I picked up a couple Rescue disposable fly traps from TSC weeks ago and immediately set one out when I got home.

Not sure if this is a good thing, as like the Japanese beetle bag traps, I feel putting these traps out actually attracts the pests to your yard.  Regardless, it did a remarkable job and trapped more flies than I would have guessed were out there.
 


I took this pic on June 4 and as you can see there are about ~2" of dead flies in there! When I took it down 20-days later it was loaded with dead flies, about half the bag FULL, I kid you not!

One take way, do NOT hang this trap close to the house or anywhere folks will pass by or sit near, as it STINKS something awful!  Live and learn, as I hung it under my deck, next to the back door, PHEW.  

I'll be hanging the other trap out this weekend but away from the house and hopefully down wind.

No comments: