Sunday, July 18, 2021

Boston Office For The Day

I went into the Boston office the week of Memorial Day.  First time in over 18 months.  Although, we're still work-at-home and our offices not officially open till Labor day, it was a nice change of pace. We essentially had the place to ourselves, so we were able to accomplish everything we went in for.

As I used to do I once again took the MBTA commuter rail in, the purple line.  Perhaps because it was a short week and one that kicks off summer vacations, there were not too many commuters.  However, I was thrown for a loop when I pulled into the commuter parking lot and found that I was the only vehicle there!  Granted it was just before 6AM but there's typically a handful of cars there by the time I arrive, at least pre-pandemic.


Here's a view from the 22nd floor looking out at the Charles River -


New building going up next door.  Amazed at the progress, as the last time I was in the office they were just beginning this build.  Look at it now -


Here's another view of the Charles with the gold dome State House off to the right -


This new building of ours is great.  Open floor concept, which allows you to see out all sides from almost anywhere inside.  However, Boston working is too expensive for my liking.  Costs me $24 to park and take the commuter rail, $5 for my morning coffee and muffin and $18 for lunch, and all I had was a chicken Caesar salad, so it adds up quick.

No comments: