Saturday, August 27, 2022

"Buta Buta"

Here is my first attempt at making a tomato salad, and to be completely honest, I came out delicious!  Fresh picked tomatoes from my garden, which I peeled, Feta cheese, Kalamata olives, olive oil, salt & pepper, OH SO good!  The only thing missing from this first attempt was red onion but I've addressed that in the subsequent salads I've made.



Growing up my mother would make a tomato salad.  Of course back then I wouldn't eat tomatoes or any vegetable for that matter except corn.  Back then the fight was for the tomato salad juices or what we would call "buta buta", which I believe is a Greek thing.  Taking fresh bread and dipping it in the juices was so so good!

It's not my mothers tomato salad but regardless, it brought back some wonderful memories.  I sure do miss those times, my mom's cooking and of course my mom :-(

No comments: