Friday, August 26, 2022

Pizza and Memories

I took a lunch time ride to Onset, which is part of the town of Wareham, the other afternoon.  I had a hanker'n for a pizza but not just any old pizza, I was in the mood for a Marc Anthony's pizza!  They make one of the best pizza's I've ever had, and SO worth the drive.







My pizza was ready in short order, to go of course.  I found an available bench under a huge shade tree with a fantastic view of Onset beach and the ocean in all it's beauty.  I took my time eating my pizza, enjoying each and every bite AND enjoying the views!

It was a bittersweet trip, one that hit me pretty hard, which I really wasn't expecting and actually is doing the same now as I write this. I have some wonderful memories of Wareham and driving past some of the places we used to visit made me reminisce of times gone by and loved ones lost.  The last time I was at Marc Anthony's was with my family a couple years ago.  Sadly, SO much has changed and although I cried sitting there eating my pizza, they were tears of joy and the many memories I will hold close to my heart forever. 

No comments: