Thursday, August 18, 2022

Peace Out

Here is a Peace Lily that my neighbors sent bac in Feb of  2018 when my dad passed -


Here it is today - 


Yes, I realize it looks terrible and nothing like it originally did.  I'm working to fix that and believe it or not, the recent pic looks SO much better than it did a month ago, so there's that.

In the first pic, the plant is actually planted in a plastic pot that is sitting within the clay pot.  In the second pic, I've transplanted directly into the clay pot using fresh new Miracle Grow soil.  New shots are sprouting and starting to pop up.  It's definitely on the mend and I'm hoping that another month outside will give it the oomph it needs before I bring it back inside.

The other challenge I had is that Oliver, my cat, loved to chew on the leaves and did quite a number on the plant.  I'll need to find a sunny location indoors and out of the reach of dumb-dumb the cat...

This is a special plant, that holds a special meaning to me and I will do whatever I can to nurse it back to health, so I can continue to enjoy it for years to come.

No comments: