Saturday, August 27, 2022

Let There Be Light

I finally had enough and decided to replace the original fluorescent kitchen light fixture, the one that came with the house when I bought in back in 2000!

For years now, when the summer came and the humidity went up, it was hit or miss if the lights would turn on.  Often times you would need to flip the switch on and off, on and off a dozen times before I might turn on.  Seems one or maybe both ballasts were suspect and didn't operate when it was hot and sticky.

With the heat and humidity we had this summer, the light was off more than it was on.

I intended to take a before picture, one with the cover on, but in my excitement to install the new I forgot, so this is the best I have for you all - 

Here is the new fixture installed.  You can see the outline of the old fixture, which I expected.  Admitedly, not the prettiest looking but I intend to paint the entire kitchen ceiling this fall when the weather cools, so for now it will have to do as is -

The new fixture is made up of LED's and is super bright!  It lights up the kitchen very well, and with the LED's there is an overall cost saving on electricity usage, plus it comes with a 50,000 hours and 10-year warranty.  A win win!

No comments: