Thursday, August 18, 2022

A Few Of My Unique Flowers

A couple months ago I took a ride to North Attleboro specifically to visit Briggs nursery.  They're known for having a great assortment of flowers, annuals, perennials, succulents, etc. and unique varieties too.

I was on the hunt for the house plant Oxalis, otherwise known as False Shamrock.  I've had a few varieties in the past and took a fancy to them.  my timing was impeccable and I was luck enough to grab their last plant, Charmed Wine it's called.  I transplanted in into a clay pot and moved it under my back deck out of the sun and it is doing fantastic!  Just look at the deep purples -



While I was there and browsing I came across this eye catching Petuna, called Queen of Hearts, and just had to have it!  I planted in it in my mom's heavy concrete planter placed on the corner of my driveway and it's doing great, full of flowers!



Of course I will move the Oxalis indoors when the cold weather arrives and will try to overwinter the Petunia but unsure how successful I'll be.  I guess well see...

No comments: