Monday, August 29, 2022

Peaches Equal Kryptonite!


FINALLY!

I finally caught one of the adults.  It's hard to tell by the pic but this dude was BIG and really filled the trap.

My peach tree is dropping peaches and all sorts of critters are enjoying them, from chipmunks to rabbits to the deer!  So, I baited the trap with a couple delicious peaches and in short order, as I watched while grilling my dinner from the deck, this dude brazenly came through the fence and marched straight into the trap, TADA!

The following morning, after resetting the trap the night before, I caught the below adult rabbit -
 

Both of these vermin did a number on my echinacea and balloon flower plants this year, eating them right to the ground.

Hoping, for now anyway, that issue has been resolved...

No comments: