Thursday, May 18, 2023

OH Mother Nature!

 We had a frost last night, ALAS.

Thankfully, I brought all my potted plants into the garage last night.

I covered the four pepper plants I had in the ground with flower pots and even took grass clippings and mulched them up good, hoping that would keep them safe.  However, when I uncovered them this morning it was obvious I didn't do enough to protect them.  They were doing so well too.

Thankfully, I held off on putting my tomatoes in the ground, so they were safe in the garage.  I knew better but took a chance. Too excited to get the garden started.  Looks like a lunch time trip to the local farm to pick up some more pepper plants.



I can't recall what these obnoxious weeds are but as you can see they too took a hit with the frost.  Difference is, I'm happy to see these things get whacked -



Less mowing for the town to worry about...

No comments: