Friday, September 15, 2023

Rise and Shine Say's The Roosters!

It's a peaceful 5:30 Friday morning.  The temps have dropped and the high humidity is all gone, so I have some windows opened and listening to the crickets sing as I enjoy my first cup of coffee.

HARK!  But wait!  What did I just hear?  One of my favorite all time noises and sadly, one I seldom hear anymore especially at the ole homestead.

A ROOSTER! 


YUP, the wonderful crowing of a rooster!  Actually, I can make out two roosters!

Guessing my neighbor got new chicks this summer and by the sounds of it, a couple cockerels got slipped in.  They sound like youngster just discovering their crowing capabilities and I LUV IT!

Sadly, the town of Franklin does not allow roosters. It's just a matter of time before someone calls animal control to report and complain of the "noisy" roosters.  The chicken owners will then be getting a visit or letter from animal control informing them of the bylaw and telling them they must get rid of the roosters pronto.  Of course the letter will also contain threats of fines for not complying. 

*I received such a letter years ago...

DON'T get me started on rooster crowing noise versus barking dogs, deafening cars, trucks and motorcycles noises, low flying planes and helicopters noises, early morning and late night mowers, blowers and weedwhacker noises.

I will continue to enjoy the crowing as long as they're here!  All the other noises mentioned above and the idiots who drive them, fly them and run them, as well the person(s) who call to complain about the crowing, can all piss off!  I hope they each crash, fall out of the sky and loose a couple fingers using their annoying noise makers.

Have a nice day 😊

No comments: