Sunday, November 05, 2023

Front Stairs Sniff Test


I sold a couple of BIG bags of crochet yarn and assorted crocheting tools via Facebook Marketplace yesterday.  Oodles of older but unopened and in excellent condition items and at a tremendous discount too.  It was time for it all to go and so happy it's all finally gone!

The woman who purchased the items asked via FB chat if the items were coming from a smoke free home. I confirmed this and we arraigned pick up time.

In reviewing my surveillance camera video of the woman arriving, two women actually. I watched as the first woman up the stairs, opened one of the bags, grabbed a roll of yarn and passed it to the second woman behind her.  The second woman proceeds to immediately press the roll against her face and give it a good, deep smell; the sniff test I recon, see attached!

Sorry, but that's just too risky and gross to me! Yes, I understand she wants to make sure there is no cigarette odor but I would NOT do it in the way she did, no way!  Perhaps, open the plastic bag, hold your nose over top of it and take a couple of deep breaths. Until I gave all the items a good look see and confirm all looks fine, I'm gonna be cautious and tentative - people can be gross, so buyer beware...

No comments: