Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Not A Bomb...

 Tick tick tick tick...

I pulled this dude off of my back shoulder a couple nights ago.  It wasn't crawling either, rather it was ensconced, and ensconced deep too!

It was in such a spot that I had a difficult time reaching but also I couldn't really see the area.  I suspected it was a tick, the spot was tender and that dude would NOT come out.  Eventually, I was able to pull it free but not all of it, UGH!



I just couldn't see or get at the area and due to the swelling, redness and tenderness I made an appointment to see my primary care doctor this morning.  Sure enough, the tick's head was still lodged in me, which she was able to remove.  I'm now taking doxycycline to prevent Lyme disease.

The doctor sent the tick off to the lab, so it can be identified and to confirm if it's a known variety that carries Lyme disease.

I'm guessing I picked up this dude while out in the yard raking.  Honestly, with all the yard work and weeding and crawling around I do, I've been luck to have only this one tick encounter.

Fun times!

No comments: