Thursday, November 30, 2023

Open W I D E!

BIG day yesterday; root canal day 😱!

The procedure took about 1.5 hours, and it's quite the procedure for sure.

I was a bit nervous going in, as I am with most dental visits, even cleaning - my problems.

Turns out it was no big deal at all; there was literally no pain during and only a bit achy afterwards when the novocaine wore off.



Before procedure x-ray -


After procedure x-ray -

The white lines in the one tooth below, those are the now packed canals of where the roots of that tooth used to be.  The endodontist packed the canals with a product called gutta-percha, which is a rubber-like material that was compressed, so it fit snuggly against the walls, and then an adhesive cement was used to further seal the canals.

Easy-peasy!


The next and last step is to go back to my regular dentist to have the new crown installed atop of the now rootless tooth.

I have SO much money invested in my mouth with all the dental work I've had these past ten years!

No comments: