Tuesday, September 03, 2024

An Afternoon Of Patching

Along with flashing around my chimney the other afternoon I also took care of some other caulking chores around the outside of my house.

I felt confident enough time has passed since I defeated the yellow jackets that had moved into my living room wall via holes between the trim and chimney bricks, so I removed all the cotton balls I used to block the access holes, scrapped, brushed and removed all the old caulking and resealed!  I used a whole tube and a half to seal both sides from top to bottom, making sure to squeeze plenty off caulk into the larger holes, cracks and crevasses.  It comes out white but dries clear and looks nice!  Hoping this prevents further squatters from moving into the walls of my house - 



I also re-caulked some of the cracks in the walkway and pool deck -


And lets not forget about the driveway!  I filled a handful of cracks that have already started along the sides.  This will prevent water from getting in there, freezing this winter and making the cracks bigger -


Another fall project done! Onto the next...

No comments: