Wednesday, August 14, 2024

It's THAT Time Of The Year!

I made my way out to the garden yesterday afternoon to pick some of my veggies and I was NOT disappointed.

Just like last year, I am being overrun with bell peppers.  There are oodles of them!  These six below are about the size of a softball!  So BIG and beautiful!  I'll be heading to the market today to pick up the fix'ns to make stuff peppers -


My first ears of corn, three Yukon Gold potatoes and some tomatoes!

The potatoes grew from a single plant that sprouted from a potato I missed from last years growing season.  It remained dormant all winter long, then took off when things warmed up.  I doted this plant it and it rewarded me with three small taters, which I will make into fries and enjoy -


One of my all time favorites is Silver Queen corn, to die for!  There are oodles more out there too and I can't wait to sink my teeth into each and every one -


YUP, I ate ALL five pieces last night - 


My diner last night, a scrumptious BLT, corn on the cob and a frosty beer! You just cannot beat home grown veggies, SO tender and juicy -


#Blessed

No comments: