Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Let The Games Begin!


Well, it's that time of the year when the cat and mouse games start.

Now that I've closed my pool and stored all outside items, e.g. flower pots, patio furniture, hoses, etc., the pool house (shed) is pretty full.  With the cold weather starting to arrive and the winter closing in, rodents begin foraging for a warmer place to stay.

As I've been doing for years now, mouse traps are deployed in the pool house to prevent these dirty vermin from squatting.  They're dirty, they poop all over the place and do damage to whatever they can chew and gnaw on to make their nests.

Their fondness of peanut butter is their kryptonite.  I set numerous snap traps in the pool house and monitor them weekly throughout the winter months.  I rebait and reset when needed and dispose of those who get snared.  Last year I caught over 20 during the winter months.  To date this year, which has been about a month, I've trapped 2.

This weekend I introduced the mouse traps older brother into the mix, the rat trap -


Hasta la vista baby!

No comments: