Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Nap Time!

Naturally, Trixie has to go outside to do her business and she's really good at letting me know when it's time. Per usual, she likes to wait until I'm settled and comfy, then she comes to let me know it's time, UGH!  Listen, at the end of the day, as annoying as that might be, I'm thankful that she let's me know versus having an accident inside!

As I always do, after dark I flip the spot light on, step onto the back deck and do a quick survey as Trixie makes her way down the stairs. I like to check and make sure there's no trouble outside waiting for her.  I'm also in the habit of looking for garden raiders.

Last night, this youngster was taking a break!  She was content to have plopped herself down and curled up in the middle of my side yard.  Right out in the open too.  This was around 7PMish.  Pretty cool!


This picture was taken around 10:30PM, several hours later.  Still there but she had just stood up and was stirring -


Not too far away were the adults.  I'm sure they were keeping a close eye on things as junior was taking a break - 


I've seen this group on and off all summer long.  During the summer I'll chase them off but now with gardening season over I leave them be.  These pics are proof they're around but there is also quite a bit of deer dropping all over the front yard too, another indication.  I suspect they're out there chowing on all the acorns being dropped.

No comments: