Tuesday, October 31, 2023

An Early Trick or Treater


I had a pre-Halloween trick-or-treater this past Saturday afternoon, little Darth Vader!

My 4-year old neighbor was SO excited to come and show me his costume, he couldn't wait for the 31st.  Thankfully, I was prepared with candy even though I've not had a trick or treater in several years now.

Little does he know that as excited as he was to come show me his costume, that he actually made my day more than I made his.

He is quick with yelling "hi Steve" whenever he sees me out, which always makes me smile!  He and his family are moving to Florida in just a couple weeks and I will miss his greetings.

Some wonderful memories of Halloweens past with my kids came rushing back too. I miss those days. Time sure does go by too fast.

As Kenny Chesney sings, "Don't Blink"

No comments: