Thursday, October 26, 2023

Cats, Not The Musical

These two cats have been visiting the ole homestead the last couple of days.

It's not unusual but uncommon, as I don't think too many feline owners let their cats out to roam these days for fear of them being snatched by a predator or even hit by a speeding car; Lincoln street is busy.

When I was a kid growing up, our cats were outside cats and seldom allowed in the house.  There was no litter box.  They were fed outside and did their business outside. Seems many of today's cats have lost some of their natural instincts from home confinement and all around laziness; they've literally become 'fat cats'!  Sadly, like many of today's kids - my opinion anyway.

I welcome them and hope they're on the hunt and helping to reduce the rodent population in and around my yard, too many rabbits, chipmunks and mice.


No comments: