Saturday, October 14, 2023

We're Doomed!

 

OY VEY!

Up and out early today to get my errands done before all the douche bags start venturing out.

Stopped at the market to get my groceries for the week.  This morning I brought my returnable cans and was able to get them processed in the machine quick and easy. No lines and no waiting; in and out, perfect!

A whole $1.55 coming back to be, yippie!

A month or so ago I went to my bank and cashed in my saved coins.  There were a handful of coins that the machine rejected.  Most were Canadian coins but there were some damaged US coins too.  So, I keep these rejects in my car and use them where I can to get ride of them.  Today, with my can returns, was a perfect opportunity.

I took my $1.55 return receipt to the Shaw's cashier.  A tall good looking kid named Luke.  I handed Luke the receipt AND (2) dimes and (1) quarter, and you would have thought I asked him to solve a trigonometry problem.  He was at a complete loss, I kid you not!  He had absolutely NO idea what I was asking or what to do and was struggling with the math.  I explained it to him twice by physically re-handed him the receipt, then each coin as I counted it for him and still nothing but a look of complete puzzlement.  Honestly, this all happened.  He eventually perked up and say "got it" and proceeded to hand me my two one dollar bills.  However, I really don't think he understood any of it, just wanted me gone as there was a line growing behind me.

What in the world are they teaching these kids in school today?  This is basic math; as basic as you get.  Luke looked to be high school aged, junior or senior I'd guess, C'MON!  I know, let's blame covid!  That's convenient and has been the perfect excuse for almost everything these last several years. Sadly, that excuse will not help poor old Luke.

As Glum, from Gulliver's Travels would say, "We're done for: We'll never make it!"

No comments: