Friday, October 20, 2023

Timberrrrrr

It's that time of the year again, so this happened.  Another fall chore completed -



My ornamental grasses did just ok this past season.  They didn't get as big and full as in years past.  The three pictured here were the biggest, so I used a similar method to cut them back.  The last couple of years I would tie each plant nice and tight, then I'd use my hedge trimmer to lop them off.

This year, instead of using the hedge trimmer, I used my hand pruners. More work but my OCD drove me to it, HAHA!  I laid the twine out on the lawn then cut handfuls at a time, laying each across the twine until the clump was all cut back.  When done, I tied the bundles up nice and neat for easy moving and removal.

The other clumps of grasses I have were small enough that I used the hand pruners again but instead of bundling, I cut them up into smaller pieces to fit into my landscape barrel.  More work for me but cleaner and a tad easier to manage.

Kudos to my neighbor who trailers my yard waste to the town recycle center.  I'm fortunate and very appreciative that he's willing to cart my waste away.

No comments: