Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Waxed and Ready!


Another fall chore completed!

Although, worn and beat up, my Cabela work boots are ready for another wet, slushy and snowy winter.

As I often do a couple times a year, and always in the fall in preparation for the winter, I apply a generous coat of mink oil to help keep the leather soft but more importantly to keep them as water tight as possible.  Nothing worse that wet feet in boots, especially when out shoveling snow and snowblowing.  I also ordered new Dr. Scholl's insoles to replace the old ones. Almost like new.

For the record, I nixed Timberland work boots; the company and their boots are dead to me.  I used to only buy and wear Timberlands back in the day, sadly like many things these days, their quality went downhill.  On several occasions, when I had issues, I reached out to the company and always were poo-pooed and told they couldn't help.  So, since there are too many other options, I gave Cabela a try and couldn't be happier.  I'll show them 😁

No comments: